Thursday, October 6, 2011

Quick one

Waiting on my first quiz - a multiple choice match-'em-up worth 2% of the grade. I'm not panicked. I don't remember there being very many multiple choice tests in my first go-round.

On the news today: teachers are worrying that the boys and girls are texting so much that they may soon not know how to write. Well, DUH!! I've got news for you - many professionals already do not know how to write, or speak correctly. Unquestionably, accuracy and skill have been sacrificed at the altar of charisma and prior achievement - good communication is secondary. In an era in which it seems that everyone needs letters after their name to get a basic job, it's still all about networking - who, not what you know.

That's just plain wrong.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment