Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Back and forth

I haven't blogged much lately, as you've probably noticed. Truth is, I've had a cold and the last part of my colds is always the horrible cough. Frankly, it hurts to talk. It hurts to talk so I didn't blog for a while. I took a break. I've been studying my atch off, saving my lungs, and concentrating on my journal. It's hard to do both when you're feeling slammed all the time.

Let's see - an update. Arky exam Tuesday. GNST exam set - all done now but the hard work, the weeping and the gnashing of teeth. 283 midterm was Monday this week - okeydokey. 201: quiz on Saturday and I already did the critique to make up for the last quiz - thanks teach! 363 - round two and now I'm set to interview over at YYC on Friday morning. Plenty to do: ooh la la!

I've made a few sporadic resolutions pertaining to the way I've been feeling lately - not only with the cold etc, but generally. It's so easy to fall into the trap of being miserable and getting irritable, and for that irritation to morph into rage. It's easy to rail at the world when you think it's against you. Easy but unproductive.

It's much harder to take the world in stride - to accept what comes as a lesson of some kind or a symbol for something else. Staying calm, cool and collected is much, much harder than showing anger all the time. Ask me - I'm an expert. So I've resolved to be far "cooler" in my approach to stresses. After, all - it doesn't do me any good to be reactive - no matter how justified some might believe it to be. No. It's not me to be that way, and if I've figured anything out since I've been in school it's that I need to stay true to my own abilities.

Oh darn. I'm tired and I think I'm going to fall a zzz ZZZ zzz ZZZ zzz.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment