Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The game is on

I should know better than to go to Flames games. It seems like every time I go they really don't play well, and that's a massive under statement. They lost last night, and I had good seats, too.

It's like my car. The forecast can say sunny skies for the next week, but as soon as I wash my car it almost always rains or snows. And then there's the weather man with egg on his face saying "Look, it only rained over James's house!"

Some would say this is fatalistic. Some would say it's defeatist. I say Nyet to both of those. I say it's calling a spade a spade, because for me it's how it seems to work.

I had a late night and I'm here already at 645am. I have a throbbing headache and the coffee shop's not yet open. Forgive me: I'm here, but I'm really not yet here.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment