Monday, January 9, 2012

Resumption of innocence

And we're back.

School is in again and I've had my first class in Rhetoric. It looks like it will be quite stimulating - no rote learning, per se - rather class participation and many smaller assignments. I've already read the first eight chapters of the text book and I must say it is very well written - humorous and inculcative - what better combination can there be?

With the first semester now well and truly out of the way I am looking forward to getting stuck in to the new material. All the courses except General Studies are now core communications courses, which means they will be more focused, and they'll overlap somewhat. This will be most useful. Additionally, with the first semester under my belt I am educated once again on expectations and styles. I don't think there will be any surprises this time around.

Resolutions? I resolve to be more ahead of my reading assignments this time - that is one thing that will bite you every time. I'm also going to start my written assignments earlier. I wasn't late with any of them last semester, but there were a couple of times when I had to 'hustle my buns' to get the thing done: admittedly a little too close for comfort.

My Coop interview is tomorrow. I don't know if I'll be accepted for the program, or not. Obviously I'd like to be - a little off-season income would certainly be nice - but it's not the end of the world either way. As of right now I'm a dedicated student, with my nose buried in my books and a determination to match.

J.


James m

Http://oldfartschooldays.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment