Friday, September 30, 2011

Lucky day!

On my way home from school this afternoon I caught a little break. We were just driving along on a residential street (you know, avoiding traffic on the main roads - everyone does it) when all of a sudden I saw something interesting in the road.

It was small, and green. It looked like cardboard, standing up, but something told me it wasn't.

"Stop the car!" I cried out, and Em quickly pulled over to the side of the road.

"What's up?" he asked.

"Back up." I said. "I think I saw something interesting."

He backed up and I got out of the vehicle.

Yep. There they were. Two nice, crisp, slightly folded, lonely-looking twenty dollar bills.

Scooped. In my hands. In my pocket. I looked around - no one anywhere in sight.

Big smiles everywhere. Em drove around the block several times, looking for more. Alas, there were none.

I immediately posted a sign looking for the owner. To date, no one has come forward. Now... Did I leave my phone number on the sign or no? I say... Yes.

If it's yours you can have it back, as long as you offer a forty dollar reward.

Sweet dreams!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment