Thursday, September 22, 2011

Morning

This time last night - I can be completely honest - I did not think I would be here today. On Tuesday, shortly after the skunk thing, I started to feel very, very grungy. Grunginess developed into a wicked cold - throat, sinuses, the works. This time last night I was sitting on a chair in the living room, moaning and groaning about how I thought my head was going to explode. I thought for sure I'd have to skip today's classes - didn't want to - but thought I was going to have to. In yesterday's POLI class I just couldn't concentrate - my eyes hurt so much I just couldn't focus on anything - it was all I could do to even keep the damn things open! All I can say is it's a good thing I was using the recorder.
Then, at about 9pm I stood up and went into the kitchen, and within about 2 minutes of being in there   boom! - my left sinus cleared and I was suddenly breathing through both nostrils. It was literally as sudden as that - air flowing cool and fresh through both nostrils - dizziness gone. Amazing. I then went to bed, and wouldn't you know it but I actually slept quite well.

This morning I drove myself to school - I'm not hanging around outside for 30 minutes waiting for the bus when I'm like this - but other than that there hase been no real change in the routine. I actually felt almost human.

I'm going straight home after my morning classes, to lie down and catch a nap, then hopefully tomorrow I'll be right as rain again and I can get on with my "edjamacation".

Anyway, somewhat better I may be feeling, but I'm conscious that my prose isn't as crisp or concise as usual, nor my thought processes as well defined, so I'll leave it there for now.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment